Here’s a mouthwatering recipe from our partner brand – Uncle Vanya! Roasted duck with tomatoes in their own juice. 🍗🍯🍅
Try today or save for later!
📃 You will need:
Duck 2 kg (4.5 lbs)
Tomatoes in tomato juice from Uncle Vanya
Coarse salt, ground pepper, poultry spices to taste
2 large potatoes
👩🍳 Cooking instructions:
- Wash the duck well, inside and out. Make sure there are no small feathers on the skin. Dry the bird with a paper towel.
- Brush the duck with honey, peel the potatoes, and cut into wedges.
- Combine the potatoes and Tomatoes in tomato juice from Uncle Vanya and stuff the duck.
- Pinch the cut in the duck with toothpicks without leaving any gaps, or sew it up with threads.
- Place the bird in an oven at a temperature of 200 degrees Celsius (390 degrees Fahrenheit). Overall, you need to bake the duck for 2-3 hours wrapped in foil.
- In 15 minutes before the time is up, open the foil and pour the tomato juice over the bird.
- Check if the meat is cooked through by sticking a knife or wooden skewer into it. If the object entered easily, the meat is soft enough, and the juice is light-colored, your dish is ready.
- Take the duck out of the oven, remove the thread or toothpicks.
- Put your potatoes and tomatoes from the duck on the dish.
- Enjoy! 😋